Learn some valuable tips from a local agent
“I recently had to put on my buyer’s hat when helping to select a first home for my daughter. I was under pressure to find the right home for the right price, while ensuring she made a sound financial decision,” said John Page, sales director of local real estate firm Woodville Property.
“It is vital to be clear about why you’re buying a particular property. Buying an investment differs greatly to buying a home.”
Here are some important elements to consider:
• Decide where you want to buy and why.
• What’s your budget? Talk to your bank manager or finance broker and get finance pre-approval before you start looking.
• What are your buying costs going to be? i.e. Stamp duty, settlement fees, rates and taxes, structural pre purchase inspections, termite inspections, etc.
• Do your homework. How long has the property been on the market? What other similar properties in the area are currently for sale?
• Let the selling agent know what you are looking for – they may know of a suitable property that is coming to market.
• It’s currently a buyer’s market. Prices will not stay down forever, so if you see value staring you in the face – grab it!
For a friendly chat about your property needs, please call John on 0412 953 834.
Phone 9268 8999
365 Fitzgerald Street, North Perth