THIS year’s Bayswater Christmas appeal will help women and children suffering from family and domestic violence.
All non-perishable food items and gifts donated will go to Orana House, which provides a range of essential services for those experiencing domestic abuse.
Appeal organisers are eager to receive tinned tuna and meat, pasta sauces, toys for children over ten years old, treats, lollies, Christmas snacks, toiletries and tea and coffee.
“While Christmas is a wonderful time of year for most of us, it can also be a particularly hard time for more vulnerable members of our community,” said Bayswater mayor Dan Bull.
Non-perishable items can be dropped off at the following collection points until December 10:
• Bayswater Civic Centre, 61 Broun Avenue, Morley
• Morley Library, 240 Walter Road West, Morley
• Bayswater Library, King William Street, Bayswater
• The RISE, 28 Eighth Ave, Maylands
• Waves Aquatic Centre, Broun Ave and Priestley Street, Embleton